We haven’t gotten one yet but I know it’s coming. What am I talking about? The dreaded Christmas letter. The one that will come in a Christmas card and be all about how wonderful someone’s year was. The one that will brag about perfect children and amazing vacations and 6 figure incomes. I’m mostly just kidding but I’m partly serious and it got me to thinking, what are the 10 Things I would Put in a Christmas Letter? You know, if I actually wrote something like that. Here goes.
- We did a lot of work on the outside of our house this year. We had new siding put on, we got 6 new windows, a new front door and new storm doors. We spent a lot of money.
- We also did some inside work on the house. We redid a very small room and turned it into a usable space. We spent a lot more money.
- I still knit. A lot.
- Hannah passed her MTEL. This is the exam that will allow her to do her student teaching and finish her program and graduate. Hallelujah.
- Patrick turned 16 this past October. I like this arrangement that we have where he gets older but we don’t.
- Brant, Heather and Ambrynn didn’t visit this year. We miss them.
- We went to Mexico and had a fantastic time. The weather was perfect and the beach was beautiful and the tequila was plentiful.
- Our beloved Dixie crossed the rainbow bridge in August. We’ve decided not to get another dog and are truly grieving for her and miss her terribly.
- I finished up my year as President of our Kiwanis Club. It was a lot of work but it was fun and solidified for me even more how important it is to volunteer.
- I officially started my photography business. I have, like, one client, but it’s all good.
I guess that’s a summary of a year with our family. Succinct. Truthful. Hopefully not pretentious.
If you wrote a post for today please add your link below. If you want to subscribe to the weekly Ten on Tuesday newsletter please click here.