Today’s Ten On Tuesday topic, inspired by Vicki’s list last week, is 10 Favorite Sandwiches. Who doesn’t love a good sandwich?!
- Peanut Butter & Jelly. Old school on white bread. Still probably my most favorite sandwich ever.
- Tuna Salad. Not too much mayo, thank you very much. I like it best with lettuce, pickles and Swiss cheese.
- Ham. Honey Maple, please. With lettuce and honey mustard.
- Grilled Cheese. With tomatoes when they are local and in season. White bread, wheat bread, marble rye, it’s all good. I’ve been reading lately that the best grilled cheese is made with mayo on the bread instead of butter. I’ve never tried that but I’m willing to try anything once.
- Thanksgiving Sandwich. You know the one – with leftover turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and mayo. Yummmmm.
- BLT. Only only only when the tomatoes are local.
- Lobster Roll. My favorite is from The Raw Bar in Mashpee because they are absolutely huge but so long as it’s got lots of lobster and not a lot of mayo and is on a very fresh roll I’m a happy girl.
- Egg Salad. Another childhood favorite, I loved it best when the eggs were still warm. Very little mayo, maybe some celery, lots of salt and pepper.
- Salami & Cheese. Toasted. Lettuce, tomato, pickles, extra hot peppers. No onions.
- Club Sandwich. Preferably turkey but I don’t mind it with a cheeseburger either.
Honestly, I could keep going but I think those are my 10 favorites. Maybe also a hot turkey sandwich and a tuna melt, but those are definitely the highlights of the sandwich world for me.
How about you? What are you favorite sandwiches? If you wrote a blog post for today please use the add link button below so that we can all come and read your list. If you’d like to subscribe to the Ten on Tuesday email list please click here.