My love of food is well known. My love of comfort food even more so, I’m sure. I kind of can’t believe we’ve never had this as a Ten On Tuesday topic but I checked the archives and I couldn’t find it. And even if we have, food topics are always a big hit. All of this to say that this week’s Ten On Tuesday topic is My 10 Favorite Comfort Foods.
- Mashed Potatoes & Gravy. The best food in the world, especially if it’s with my mom’s gravy.
- Macaroni & Butter. When I don’t have anything else to have for lunch or dinner this is my go-to choice..
- Roast Chicken. Served with #1 and also homemade stuffing.
- Macaroni & Cheese. With lots of cheese and maybe some diced ham, too.
- Miriam’s Soup. This is actually Goodman’s Noodleman Soup but my mom’s best friend Miriam always made it for me and I will always call it Miriam’s Soup.
- Meatloaf & Baked Potato. No gravy, just ketchup on the meatloaf and butter, salt & pepper on the potato.
- Egg salad sandwich. My all time favorite lunch.
- Fried Chicken. I’d be so happy to have my mom’s friend chicken again. It was the absolute best. Mine is good but not quite as good as hers.
- Pot Roast. My go-to company’s coming dinner. Cooked long and slow and served with – you guessed it – mashed potatoes & gravy.
- Chicken & Rice Soup. Simple and homemade with carrots and celery. Comfort in a bowl, that’s for sure.
So many good comfort foods to choose from! I hope you wrote a post for today. Please share it with us by adding your link below. Click here to subscribe to the weekly Ten On Tuesday email newsletter.