A week or so ago my friend Anne and I were discussing movies that we can’t help but watch if we’re channel surfing. And then last weekend Dale and I were talking about it, too. (For him it’s Grease, in case you wondered.) During that conversation with Dale I realized that this would make a great Ten On Tuesday topic. And so, I present, the 10 Movies I Have to Stop & Watch While I’m Channel Surfing.
- Steel Magnolias. One of the best ensemble casts ever.
- The Godfather. All that drama, it gets me every time.
- When Harry Met Sally. My most favorite romantic comedy ever.
- Dirty Dancing. Nobody flips past baby.
- Casablanca. It’s a classic for a reason.
- Gone With the Wind. I definitely prefer the first half over the second half and I prefer to shut it off before Rhett leaves Scarlett even though I know she’ll get him back.
- Love Actually. It’s not just for Christmas.
- The Sound of Music. And I sing along, too.
- Pretty Woman. Another Julia Roberts movie with the best ending ever.
- The Blindside. Because Sandra Bullock.
Ones that didn’t make the cut but I really wanted to include? Forrest Gump, The Big Chill, The Shining, Hope Floats, A League of Their Own and The Green Mile.
If you wrote a list for today please share your link below. And, in case you didn’t realize it, you have until Friday of every week to add your link – for those of you who may not get to Ten On Tuesday on, you know, Tuesday.
If you’d like to subscribe to the Ten On Tuesday email list please click here.