You know when it’s a long weekend that the Ten On Tuesday topic will be a recap, right? So, here is a list of 10 Things I Did This Weekend.
- Sat in Cape Cod traffic. I took us 3 hours to get from our house to Doreen’s on Friday afternoon. It’s normally a 70 minute trip. Luckily I was with Dale so the company was good.
- Had a great time visiting with Doreen and Mark. I love their home and spending time with them is a special treat.
- Bought myself some Cape Cod style bling. There are lots of rules when it comes to spending money at Eden Hand Arts but it’s worth the effort.
- Watched some Native American dancing.
- Had 2 wonderful nights in our yard with friends. One on the deck, complete with charcuterie and martinis, and one in the backyard, complete with a campfire and wine. Both nights involved unexpected company, which is truly the best kind of all.
- Went to a cook out at our neighbors. I love a party you can walk to! And we met other locals and made some new friends, too.
- Made red, white & blue deviled eggs.
- Read. I finished The Guest Room, Chris Bohjalian’s latest. I’ve been waiting forever for my turn with this one and it did not disappoint.
- Knit. But not much.
- Gardened. Picked basil. So much basil. And a cucumber. And pinched back the penutias.
What did you do this weekend? If you wrote a blog post for today please share you link below. If you’d like to subscribe to the weekly Ten On Tuesday email, please click here.
The traffic doesn’t sound like much fun, but it sure was worth it! I thought I needed a cool fish bracelet of my own, but when I went to Eden’s website I was surprised by the rules and that I couldn’t get one on line. I’ve never waited in line for jewelry before, but bet I will if I’m ever on the Cape. When life gives you basil, make pesto!
Gale Zucker (she shoots sheep shots) says
Two things(OK, three)
– when I saw the deviled eggs on FB this weekend and again this morning, I have an instant craving. Yum!
– I thought you said picled basil. Interesting!
– what a great weekend! bonus– short week follows.
Ugh to the traffic, however the company indeed makes up for that. I love the bracelets! And, ditto Gale – those deviled eggs made my mouth water!
Here is to a short week, which hurries the arrival of the weekend!
Oh that Cape traffic! I love that bracelet. I will have to see if I can on the list to get into the store when we go out there at the end of the month.
Now you’ve got me wondering about my Cape Cod bracelet! I think I actually have the original box so I must check. And I see I’m not the only one completely smitten with those eggs! Glad you had a great weekend Carole!
Sounds like you packed a lot of fun into your weekend!
Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend Carole…minus the traffic. Love your bracelet! And those eggs (we are all hungry). Yay for a short week. Here’s what I did:
Took a nap Friday afternoon (left work at Noon on purpose!!).
Went shopping and bought NOTHING (except razor blades and eye make-up remover pads). No clothes and no shoes. Disappointing, but it made for a thrifty weekend.
Took a nap Saturday afternoon (there’s a theme here).
Finished up a pair of socks
Watched the last episode of Season 3 of A Place to Call Home…Season 4 doesn’t come out till sometime in the Fall.
Made a new shrimp recipe – basically a dry rub and then cooked quickly in a pan. Served with a sweet salsa to counter-balance the heat from the rub. Yummy.
Took a nap Sunday afternoon.
Stayed in a tee shirt and pajama pants until 3 p.m. on Monday!
Grilled out when our son and his girlfriend came over.
Did NOT take a nap on Monday – lol
You do weekends well! It’s all good except the traffic–same here in the high country!
Love the patriotic deviled eggs…and the bracelet. You had a great holiday respite.
Very fun weekend! I’m going to check out Chris Bohjalian’s new book.
hands down, Carole, this is the most eclectic list I’ve read! cheers for mixing it up – and celebrating a long weekend with food, friends and cocktails. happy belated 4th!
Wait. Red white and blue deviled eggs? Oh, that sounds fun! I must remember that for the 4th next year!
Ugh to holiday traffic! It’s one of the reasons we’re going up north AFTER the holiday (2 sleeps ’til we leave, but who’s counting?). Otherwise, your weekend sounds pretty great!!