Well now. That weekend went by in a flash! It was a good flash, too. Here’s what I did:
- Spent a lovely Friday at home. I finished listening to 11/22/63 (so good!) and finished reading How the Light Gets In. I also finished knitting Algiers.
- Attended the Kiwanis Annual Installation of Officers. I’m going to be Secretary this year for my friend Tom, who is our new President. Dale is going to be Vice President which means in two years the presidency is his. It’s work but it’s satisfying work and that makes all the difference.
- Went to Target. $175 later I left. You know how that goes.
- Knit for a better part of the afternoon. I’m working on socks for Dale, mitts for me, and a gift for someone special.
- Made a delicious dinner of short ribs and garlic mashed potatoes. Saturday was rainy and dreary and this was the perfect comfort food to go along with that weather.
- Watched football with friends. The snacks were great – homemade buffalo chicken dip, deviled eggs and jalapeno poppers from our homegrown jalapenos – the football? We shall not speak of that.
- Danced with Dale. But of course.
I hope your weekend was fab. And now – onward to the work week. Yay.