Throwing it back to 3 on Thursday with 3 memes that I hope will make…
The minute I read about this contest I knew exactly which house I would photograph. Amazing, isn’t it? Of course, to get the full effect, you have to be there. They even play Christmas music on outside speakers. I’m so glad I don’t live in this neighborhood.
Now this part is for Maryse. But you’re all encouraged to read along.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate. With Peppermint Schnapps and a candy cane.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
Oh, puh-lease. Santa does not have time to wrap.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White lights in the windows. Colored lights outside and on the tree. But not those mini lights that come in pink and lime green. The big, old-fashioned bulbs that are red and blue and green and orange.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
5. When do you put up your decorations?
Right after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
I can remember getting up with my brothers, emptying our stockings and then putting everything back in the stocking exactly the way it was so that no one would know we had already looked at the stuff.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
What truth about Santa?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes. It’s a Swedish tradition. When I was a kid it was always a new nightgown.
10. What kind of decorations are on your Christmas Tree?
Ornaments I’ve bought at craft fairs or old-fashioned things that the kids have made. There are actually two glitter pine cones, one that I made in kindergarten and one that Hannah made when she was in kindergarten. And there are lots and lots of ornaments on there that I’ve had my whole life because when I was a kid I had my own tree in my room. It was a gift from my godparents and every year they bought me a new ornament to hang on it. Those are really my most treasured ornaments.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread?
I do love it. I don’t like driving in it, though.
12. Can you ice skate?
I used to be able to so I assume I still can. Then again, I assume I can still do a cartwheel but I wouldn’t want to try it.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Yes. I got a playhouse when I was about 5. It was a big plastic thing that I could sit in. I went inside and announced that I would be opening all my presents from inside the playhouse. I was swiftly pulled out of the playhouse and made to open my presents so everyone could see.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Being with family and eating Swedish foods.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
16 What is your favorite holiday tradition?
We have everyone over to our house for Christmas Eve and I really love that.
17. What tops your tree?
We’ve had various toppers on the tree over the years. This year it will be an angel.
18. What is your favourite holiday book?
How funny is it that I’m a librarian and I don’t have an answer to this question?
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Oh Come All Ye Faithful.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yummy?
Thanks for reading. Now it’s your turn.