I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
Labor Day was yesterday and that means, at least in my head, that summer is pretty much over. Sure, we can still have some warm and humid days, and sure, I can still try and get to the beach, but school is in session and my days start at 5am again and, well, summer 2011 is done.
You know I love summer so this is relatively depressing and I need some cheering up. Knitting cheers me up a lot and one of the nice things about fall and winter is knitting warm things for people I love. And for me, of course. Here’s my list of 10 Things I Want to Knit this Fall/Winter.
- Vivian. I started this for Hannah last Spring and thought I’d have it finished for her birthday. Well. That deadline came and went last weekend but with the cooler days ahead I’m ready to put this thing back in my lap and get it done.
- Beach Glass Shawl. This is a holdover from this summer but I really want to knit it with Kim’s yarn so I’ll be casting on soon.
- Give a Hoot Mittens. They are a surprise for a certain someone so I won’t say more.
- Poet Society Tam. Also a surprise.
- Mork. I need a new sweater for me.
- Cladonia. Also for me because a girl can’t have too many shawls.
- Cabled Knee Socks. I promised Hannah knee socks last year and I never got around to knitting them. Time to get going.
- A sweater for Dale. Pattern to be determined.
- October Leaves Fingerless Mitts. I love the leaf on the thumb.
- Postwar Mittens. They have been in my queue for ages, I have the yarn, and I love stranded mittens. I have to stop putting them off and just knit them.
I know I’ll get lots of ideas for other knits I must knit when I read everyone else’s posts today!