I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
Ten on Tuesday
It was a beautiful fall weekend here in New England. The temperatures were above normal, which is just fine with me, the skies were blue and the leaves were turning. It was the perfect weekend to do stuff and that’s why I want to talk about the 10 Things I Did This Weekend.
- Drove west to bring Hannah home for the long weekend. The ride out was easy, the ride home took twice as long as it should have due to traffic. It was kind of a bummer.
- Took Hannah shopping for boots. I bought her a pair on the first weekend she came home last year and she loved them so much she wore them out so we set out to replace them last Saturday. We had great success and Hannah has now declared this a Columbus Day weekend tradition.
- Ate sushi. It was yummy.
- Quilted. I’m working on another jelly roll quilt but this one is completely different than the last one.
- Knit, of course. I made myself pick up Hannah’s Vivian sweater. It took a while to figure out where I had left off but I’m back on track. I’m currently stuck on sleeve island but I’m vowing to finish this up before I start anything else. Well, anything else except for socks because socks don’t count.
- Watched football. The Pats beat the Jets and that makes me happy.
- Cooked yummy food. This goes hand in hand with the football thing. We had buffalo chicken dip, stuffed mushrooms, and cheesy pepperoni bread. Good thing the kids came over to help us eat all that!
- Had a fire in the fire pit. It was a great way to finish off Sunday evening when the football game was over. I also had the most delicious s’more I’ve ever had in my life. Thanks for that, Dale!
- Sat outside in the sun. It was glorious and I soaked up what I could because it’s bound to be too cold very soon.
- Walked. My birthday present to me this year is to take better care of myself and part of that commitment includes walking 3 times a week.
All in all it was a great weekend full of everything and everyone I love. Yay!
This Post Has 23 Comments
Sounds like the most perfect kind of weekend! 🙂
Columbus Day weekend is always one of my favorite weekends – probably because of the fall weather and fall activities for kids. Your weekend sounds perfect!!
Excellent use of a long weekend! The leaf peepers are clogging up everything, but that’s okay. There are leafs to be peeped.
It was a beautiful weekend! Looks like you made the most of it! The boot tradition…sounds like a fabulous idea!
I want to spend the weekend with you!! Clearly I spend too much time cleaning (and cooking) and not having fun!
Did you give Hannah her quilt? It is so beautiful ! or is it a gift for later?
Last year when my DD was a freshman I went to her campus for parent weekend. I whisked her off-campus to a quaint little restaurant for brunch and later for a most wonderful ice cream cone at a place called Sebastian Joe’s. This year she wanted to do the same thing and declared it a tradition. I had better not tell her about the boot-buying tradition at your house — it might cost me a lot more money! 🙂
Sounds like you had a great weekend!
wonderful weekends all around! I’m so glad you prompted me to document mine, too!
Sounds very excellent.
stuffed mushrooms and pizza bread sound yummy! good job on walking – i try for 3x a week, too (although this morning was rained out).
Sounds like you had a lot of fun! Wasn’t the weather perfect? It was almost too hot for the plans we had.
Other than the driving, it sounds like a perfect weekend. I am happy to report a change in my football mojo–rah! The Huskers came from way behind to beat Ohio State, their first big 10 win! The Broncos finally put Tim Tebow in for the entire second half and they came sooooo close to a come behind win. Jo
P.S. Love your photograph in this post!
Other than the driving and the part where the Pats beat the Jets is sounds like a great weekend. You picture is very cool too. I must remember to take more pictures on the weekends.
I’m with Margene; I leave WAY too much housework for the weekends and don’t get to enjoy them the way I would like. It wasn’t all work this weekend, though. We took several hours on Sunday afternoon to sit on the beach at Hampton (NH), and yes, there were fried clams, too! And with all the beautiful weather we had here in MA, I talked with my sister in NM for 45 mins. while sitting on the deck.
I look forward to seeing your new quilt, and I applaud your resolution to go walking. I make (and break) that resolution all the time!
Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I’m totally jealous of the boots and sushi!
Your weekend sounds perfect. My husband and younger girl were gone on different trips leaving my big girl and me home. We had a perfect weekend too! Good for you and the walk. I’ve made mine a non-negotiable part of my week, rain or shine. It makes a difference!
Many of the things you listed, I also love!!! Except that sushi one……
campfires, buying shoes/boots for my kids, kids visiting, walking, knitting….love them all. Glad you had fun Carole. it was, as always and as is my choice…the workend for me!
Having just come off a dream weekend, this was a fun topic!
It really ended up being a spectacular weekend … and I’m so glad you enjoyed the devil out of it 🙂 Wish I could have joined you and Hannah for that sushi … and maybe the s’mores!
Whoops. It took me extra time to get to it this weekend, and I cannot believe I forgot about football! My husband and I are part of a fantasy football league, and I handily beat my husband this week (Janikowski is my kicker, and he is amazing!).
Great week-end…Love that you are walking. I need to do that…
Comments are closed.