I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
It was a beautiful fall weekend here in New England. The temperatures were above normal, which is just fine with me, the skies were blue and the leaves were turning. It was the perfect weekend to do stuff and that’s why I want to talk about the 10 Things I Did This Weekend.
- Drove west to bring Hannah home for the long weekend. The ride out was easy, the ride home took twice as long as it should have due to traffic. It was kind of a bummer.
- Took Hannah shopping for boots. I bought her a pair on the first weekend she came home last year and she loved them so much she wore them out so we set out to replace them last Saturday. We had great success and Hannah has now declared this a Columbus Day weekend tradition.
- Ate sushi. It was yummy.
- Quilted. I’m working on another jelly roll quilt but this one is completely different than the last one.
- Knit, of course. I made myself pick up Hannah’s Vivian sweater. It took a while to figure out where I had left off but I’m back on track. I’m currently stuck on sleeve island but I’m vowing to finish this up before I start anything else. Well, anything else except for socks because socks don’t count.
- Watched football. The Pats beat the Jets and that makes me happy.
- Cooked yummy food. This goes hand in hand with the football thing. We had buffalo chicken dip, stuffed mushrooms, and cheesy pepperoni bread. Good thing the kids came over to help us eat all that!
- Had a fire in the fire pit. It was a great way to finish off Sunday evening when the football game was over. I also had the most delicious s’more I’ve ever had in my life. Thanks for that, Dale!
- Sat outside in the sun. It was glorious and I soaked up what I could because it’s bound to be too cold very soon.
- Walked. My birthday present to me this year is to take better care of myself and part of that commitment includes walking 3 times a week.
All in all it was a great weekend full of everything and everyone I love. Yay!