I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
I love when I get unsolicited topic suggestions for Ten on Tuesday. I particularly love it when they come from Kym, because she has good ideas. As you can probably surmise, she came up with this week’s topic, 10 Ways to Eat Pumpkin. Mmmm. I love pumpkin so here goes.
- Pie. You knew this would be first, right? Plain old pumpkin pie is my very favorite of all pies.
- Speaking of pie, how about pumpkin whoopie pies? I made them last year and they were yummy.
- Bread. I like mine with raisins. It’s moist and delicious and it freezes well so you can make extra to have on hand for the holidays. It also makes amazing bread pudding.
- Pumpkin cake. I saw this recipe the other day and I’m considering making it for our Halloween party. The colors alone are fabulous but I bet it tastes wonderful, too.
- Soup. I haven’t actually made pumpkin soup myself but we had some really delicious butternut squash soup at a wedding a few weeks ago and I think pumpkin soup has to be pretty similar in taste.
- Muffins. I’ve heard you can make pumpkin muffins with just a can of pumpkin and a box of spice cake mix. I haven’t tried it yet but it sure sounds easy.
- Cheesecake. There are tons of recipes for pumpkin cheesecake, from fancy ones to no bake ones to swirl ones and they all make me swoon.
- Pumpkin Latte. Pumpkin, spices and caffeine make an excellent combination.
- Roasted pumpkin seeds. I like mine with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Pancakes. Or waffles. The addition of pumpkin makes them super moist and the perfect autumn breakfast.
How do you take your pumpkin?