I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
I’m not a big fan of resolutions but I do believe in goals. I also believe that one of the best ways to reach a goal is to write it down and so, here is my list of 10 Things I Want to Do in 2012.
- Make homemade marshmallows. I’ve wanted to try this forever and I hope that the thought of toasting them in our fire pit is the push I need to just do it.
- Make homemade ravioli. I made pasta last year and it was good. I got inspired and bought ravioli trays but I’ve yet to use them. This is the year!
- Become someone who enjoys exercise. Last year I started (and stopped) two exercise regimens. I have friends who started and stuck with their new exercise routines and claim to really enjoy their time spent exercising. I enjoy my time sitting on the coach and watching TV. I’d just really like to become a person who enjoys exercise but I’m not sure how to get there. I will persist, though.
- Redecorate the living room. At the least I’d like to strip the wallpaper and paint, at the most it would be a full-blown overhault with a new rug, replastering and removing the old fireplace. We shall see.
- Learn to use Photoshop Elements. I can do the basics but I know there is so much more I should be doing with this software. If I can learn to use this then I can graduate to Lightroom.
- Go to a Patriots game. I feel like everyone I know went to a game last year. I really hope I get my chance this year.
- Knit with my handspun. Seriously.
- Take better pictures. I know my pictures are mostly good but I’ve got a lot to learn, especially with my new camera. I will be doing Project 365 again this year and I know that will help with this goal. I’ve also signed up for MCP Project 12 and I’m thinking that will also push my skills along.
- Improve my cookie decorating skills. The first thing I’d like to do is get the frosting in the bags without having it wind up all over my hands. And kitchen. I think I’m going to try this tutorial.
- Have more fun! This ought to cover everything else — traveling, crafting, cooking and more!