I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
If you are anything like me, whether you are preparing to celebrate Christmas, Hannukah, Solstice or just the arrival of the weekend, my guess if you have a lengthy list of things to do. And you probably don’t have a lot of time to devote to writing a Ten On Tuesday list. That’s why this week’s topic is 10 Things You Have to Do Before Christmas or Hannukah or the Weekend. In my case it’s Christmas and here’s my list.
- Finish wrapping gifts. I only have 4 things left to wrap but I don’t have boxes for them and that’s the hold up right now.
- Go to iParty and get plates, napkins, forks, and knives for our Christmas Eve party. This should actually be accomplished by the time many of you are reading this.
- Buy the Swedish stuff – meatball mix, Swedish rye bread, cardamom braid, and Farmer’s cheese are all on the list.
- Finalize the menu for Christmas Eve. I pretty much know what I’m doing but I need to make a couple of decisions and then create a shopping list.
- Bake and decorate sugar cookies. This may not actually happen, it depends on how much time I actually have.
- Grocery shop. I need to get food (and drinks!) for Christmas Eve.
- Buy 2 more gifts. They are both gift cards and are both in the same strip mall so this should be relatively painless.
- Make an ice ring. I always forget to do this so I’m hoping posting it here will help me to remember.
- Work stuff – payrolls and schedules and monthly reports all need to be done by Thursday because I am on vacation next week. Hoo. And ray, too.
- Cook! This could be another 10 things alone – I have to make the macaroni & cheese and the baked party dip, the finger sandwiches and the Swedish meatballs and all the other goodies that are traditionally served at our house on Christmas Eve.
The good news is that I can pretty much relax and enjoy Christmas Day. And then there’s that vacation thing next week. I can hardly wait!