I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
Memorial Day weekend is behind us and, despite what the calendar says, to me it’s now summer. Yay! Today’s Ten on Tuesday topic is all about having a plan for the summer. Let’s talk about my 10 Goals For This Summer.
- Keep up my exercise plan. Vacation can really derail an exercise regimen but I’m determined not to let that happen this year.
- Eat more salads. Fresh vegetables are so easy to get this time of year, this should be a no-brainer.
- Knit 3 pairs of socks. A pair a month for June, July & August goes along with my 2012 knitting goals.
- Ride my bike at least once a week. My bike is so pretty and fun to ride but I need to make a point to actually ride it and not just admire it.
- Pick strawberries and blueberries. Strawberry season is just about upon us and blueberry season is right around the corner. Picking these fruits is fun and a great way to stock the freezer for jam and pies.
- Spin at least once a week. I love to have my spinning wheel outside and so long as it’s not humid (the fiber sticks to you when it’s humid!) it’s a beautiful thing to enjoy spinning time on the deck.
- Finish reading 3 books: The Happiness Project, Wilder Life and First Lady of the Confederacy are on deck.
- Take the roof off the Jeep and go for a ride.
- Get better at playing horseshoes. Right now Dale spots me 15 points so that we can play fairly. I’d like to reduce that handicap significantly this summer.
- Relax and enjoy my favorite time of year!