I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
I was thinking the other day about how much I love September. Sure, it heralds the end of summer but it’s still one of my favorite months of the year. And then Kim mentioned to me in an email how much she loves September and inspiration struck and a topic was born: Ten Things You Love About September.
- Cooler mornings and nights. I love that crisp air at the beginning and end of the day – it’s perfect for running outside.
- Warm afternoons. I’m not ready to say goodbye to summer yet and September gives me just enough of it to keep me happy.
- Low humidity. As much as I love summer I’m not a fan of the humidity. It’s pretty low around here this month and that suits me just fine.
- Back to school time. I don’t have little kids going back to school but I do have a husband who works for a school system and a kid who goes to college. The return of routines that comes with the school calendar is pretty welcome at this point.
- Apples. The Macintosh are being picked right now and soon they will be followed by my absolute favorites: honey crisp!
- Mums. I love the colors of mums and I plan on getting several for the deck and kitchen steps.
- Birthdays. Hannah’s birthday was yesterday (thank you all for the lovely birthday wishes!) and mine is in a few weeks. You have to love a month that has your birthday in it.
- The beach. Believe it or not our waters are warmest in the month of September. I don’t get very often there this month but we usually manage it around my birthday and I always relish that one last time.
- Fall TV. Grey’s Anatomy starts on 9/27, need I say more?
- Football! The first Patriot’s regular season game is this coming Sunday and the first home game is on the 16th and Dale and I are going, thanks to the generosity of some friends. wOOt!
I hope you all love September as much as I do. Let’s hear about it – link your blog below.