I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
Ten On Tuesday
I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again: reentry sucks. In an attempt to be positive, though, I’m trying to focus on the things that are good about being home. And so, today’s Ten on Tuesday topic is 10 Good Things About Coming Home From Vacation.
- Hot water. The hotel where we stay in Mexico is really a group of beautifully bungalows on the beach. Because of this some of the modern amenities we are used to are a little spotty. The electricity occasionally cuts out, sometimes there’s no water for a little while, you get the idea. It’s all worth it for the location but I must admit that I missed taking a hot shower as the water in our room was generally lukewarm at best.
- Mason. I miss my cat when I am away, that’s for sure.
- Being able to buy things without doing math in my head. The conversion of pesos to dollars never gets easier for me.
- Having all of my stuff around me. Yarn comes to mind immediately.
- Telling everyone about how great a time you had. There are so many stories to share.
- In conjunction with above, showing off your great tan. Vain thing that I am, I do love this part.
- Understanding what people are saying. I know the Spanish words that matter (like cerveza) and I can ask how much something costs and I can make myself understood but it’s hard to eavesdrop on conversations when no one around you is speaking English! Damn.
- Uploading and processing my photos. While on vacation I just shoot, shoot, shoot. Now that I’m home I can look at them and reminisce.
- Returning to routines. The gym, work, and more – it’s good for us to have routines and schedules. There’s only so much beach and relaxation you can take. Right?
- Catching up on all of you. I limit my time on Facebook and Feedly when I’m away. It’s nice to be home and catch up on my blog reading and see what you all have been up to!
While going away is great, coming home is pretty good, too. I hope you all think so, as well. If you wrote a post for today please click the button below to add your link. As always, if you want to sign up for the Ten on Tuesday email then please click here.
This Post Has 12 Comments
Welcome back! May that beach-feeling remain with you all week long … as you adjust to being home again!
Keep the vacation relaxation spirit in your heart while you work through the week. I missed you!! xoxo
I like coming back to my own cooking and the greater range of food choices I have here than most other places. It’s also nice to have a greater range of clothes to choose from.
I’d like to test that theory that there’s only so much beach and relaxation one can take …
Way to go staying positive! I’m glad you had a wonderful time.
There are lots of good things to come home to. But there’s nothing like the relaxation you feel while you are away from all the daily stress.
In a previous blog post, you said to come back and tell you if I liked “Pack Up the Moon” as much as you did. I LOVED it! I purchased it for my Nook the day you blogged about it. Thanks for the recommendation!
I’ve been quite good at drawing out the blogging about vacation, reliving & reminiscing about a week-long vacation for a few months even! It’s great to get away but, ah, there’s no place like home!
Our pets and our spots in the house are such welcome sights when we come back. We can sit and remember…;-)
A hot shower is my number one. Definitely the best luxury we have. When we go see my gparents in Ireland they only have a bath. I’m not a bath person and reaaaaally look forward to getting back home for those hot showers again.
I think it’s a lot harder to come back from a relaxing vacation like the one you were on. When it’s a “vacation” to visit family it’s pretty easy to come back. 🙂
This was a great topic, Carole – hope you’re settling in again. There is so much to love about “home”. (looking forward to more photos, too!)
Comments are closed.