I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
I was thinking the other day about how much I love our house. Dale is probably reading this and saying, whaaaat? Because I do sometimes complain about the lack of closets and the one bathroom but mostly, I love our house. I thought it might be fun to make a list about the things I love about our house and so, today’s Ten on Tuesday topic is 10 Things I Love About My Home.
- The color. This was something I wouldn’t have said until last year when we changed it from faded blue siding to beautiful white siding.
- The windows. They all have grids since this last work we had done and I think they go great with our colonial style house.
- The new carpet in our living room. It’s so soft! I love walking on it with bare feet. We also recarpeted the bedroom and the den – hooray.
- Our little den. It’s tiny but I love the crank out windows and it’s the perfect spot for hanging out and reading.
- The woodstove. There is nothing like the heat of a wood burning stove for creating atmosphere and coziness.
- The deck. I spend as much time as possible out here when the weather allows. It’s like adding an extra room to our small house and it’s the perfect spot for entertaining.
- My flower garden. I have several perennials I moved from my old house when I married Dale. This year I bought a few new plants and I’m expanding perennials to the front yard, too.
- Our furnishings. I love our dining room set and sideboard, the couch in the den, our white metal framed bed and our antique kitchen table, just to name a few things.
- The artwork. There are pictures I have taken, paintings by Dale’s brothers, antlers and folk art and more, all carefully curated by yours truly.
- My craft room. I waited a long time to have a space of my own. It’s wonderful to be able to leave projects out, especially quilts and other sewing things, and not have to pick everything up like I did when I was sewing in the dining room. Plus – lots of space for yarn and more!
I hope you all love your homes and I can’t wait to read why. If you wrote a post for today please include a link below. If you want to receive the weekly Ten on Tuesday email please click here.