I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
I love our vacations in Mexico and on Cape Cod. I had a great time when we visited Virginia a few years ago and I enjoy going to New Hampshire for the occasional weekend. I mean, honestly, any vacation is a good thing. Sometimes, though, vacation days aren’t about taking trips, they are about staying home. We call those staycations and I’m having a staycation this week. As you’ve probably figured out by now, this week’s Ten On Tuesday topic is 10 Favorite Things To Do On A Summer Staycation.
- Go to the beach. As much a possible. Or, in my case, as my as my non-beach-loving husband will tolerate.
- Read. This can be done in combination with #1, of course. It can be done anywhere, though, and that’s what makes it such a great way to spend time.
- Hang out at home. Last week we wrote about the things we love about our homes. A staycation is a great time to enjoy being at home.
- Cook something wonderful. It doesn’t have to be elaborate but when I’ve got the time I love to plan and execute a great meal for Dale and I.
- Swing in the hammock. Take a nap. Revel in having no place to do and nothing to do.
- Play games. We love Phase 10, Quiddler, and good old fashioned rummy.
- Watch TV. We’ll be catching up with Orange is the New Black and House of Cards this week.
- Go to the movies. Jurassic World is in the plans.
- Take day trips to local attractions. Museums, historic places, parks and more. Some of the best places to visit are probably right in your backyard and you overlook them. Hullo, Plimouth Plantation.
- Tackle a project. Got a closet that needs to be cleaned out? A garden bed that needs weeding? Pictures you still haven’t processed? Get something like that done and you will have a great sense of accomplishment and still have plenty of time for something fun.
I bet you all have great ideas for staycations and I’m looking forward to reading them and maybe even doing some of them, too. If you wrote a post for today please leave a link to your blog so we can all come and read it. Click here to sign up for the weekly Ten On Tuesday email.