I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
Inspired by my visit to Heritage Museum and Gardnes, today’s Ten on Tuesday topic is 10 Favorite American Artists. Let’s talk art!
- Winslow Homer. I already outed myself on this one.
- Andrew Wyeth. And this one, too, I suppose.
- Norman Rockwell. His museum isn’t that far from us and it’s on my bucket list.
- John Singer Sargent. He’s American although he spent most of his life abroad. I’m including him anyway.
- Georgia O’Keeffe. Who doesn’t love those giant flowers?
- John James Audubon. I’ve actually seen originals of his at the State House in Boston. They are very large and very amazing.
- Ansel Adams. Not all artists are painters, you know.
- Annie Leibovitz. Her contemporary portraits of celebrities are amazing.
- Edward Hopper. His paints appeal to the photographer in me, they are so realistic.
- Bob Ross. Who can resist those happy little trees? This is a joke, of course, but I had to include him because my brother-in-law, Randy, has been mistaken for him so many times that it’s family legend.
I’m looking forward to reading about artists today! If you wrote a post for this week’s prompt please include a link to it below. If you’d like to receive the weekly Ten On Tuesday email (which I’m trying very hard to get out by Saturday morning each week so you have time to plan your post) please click here.