I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
We all have those moments when we are stressed or upset or worked up. Well. I have those moments and I’m just going to assume that you all do, too. So, today, for Ten On Tuesday, I want to know, what are 10 Things You Do To Calm Down? Here are mine:
- Meditate. I know I keep bringing this up over and over but I cannot overstate how the daily practice of meditating has changed my life for the good.
- Knit. Of course, one must be mindful of one’s tension when knitting while stressed.
- Bake. There’s something about combining ingredients and having a predictable result that helps me bring order back to my world when things are feeling out of my control
- Read. I can easily get so engrossed in a book that I forget all my troubles.
- Watch Grey’s Anatomy reruns. Getting caught up in the drama of those poor doctors is one of my guilty pleasures.
- Play 3s. All I have to think about is multiples of 3s. Yes, it’s addicting but it’s also very calming.
- Clean the house. Weird, right? But something about the negative energy motivates me to vacuum.
- Pull weeds. Pick a patch and get it done.
- Make a cup of tea. It’s a soothing ritual and a delicious treat all in one.
- Write. I definitely process my feelings through writing and I’ve found it helps to just put things down on paper.
Let’s hope we don’t need to utilize any of these techniques any time soon, right?
If you have a post you’d like to share today please click the link below to add it to the list. And, if you’d like to receive the weekly Ten on Tuesday email just click here to subscribe.