It's the first Monday of fall and I think it's the perfect time to share…
I feel like I mostly ignored the arrival of spring on Monday so today, inspired by our ice breaker question from the Read With Us discussion on Tuesday night, a random list of the signs of spring I am seeing here in Southeastern Massachusetts . . .
- Peepers! I heard them for the first time on Tuesday on my way home from work and then again yesterday.
- Red Winged Blackbirds. I saw one yesterday but haven’t heard one yet.
- Snowdrops. I don’t have a huge amount but I have a small patch that I love.
- Crocus! Yellow and purple.
- Songbirds in the morning when I walk out to my car.
- Hellebores. Mine is showing lovely signs of blooming.
- Daffodil shoots. I should have blooms within a week or so.
- Not wearing a coat! I’ve gotten away with a puffer vest a couple of days this week and yesterday only a sweater.
- Opening the windows . . . in my car, in my office, and at home.
- Changing light. Yes, there’s more light in the daytime, but I don’t mean that . . . I mean the quality of light because it’s just different this time of year.
What signs of spring are you seeing? Tell me in the comments . . . if this silly blog allows you to comment, that is!