Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes! I loved reading every comment and you all made my birthday a terrific one. And now, on to this week’s Ten on Tuesday, 10 Things You Need to Plan For.
1. Retirement. I’ve been paying into the same pension plan for my whole adult working life. I hope this works the way it’s supposed to in 15 years or so.
2. Dinner. I find I do best when I plan a weekly menu and then shop accordingly. It helps avoid take out and it saves money, too.
3. Knitting. I honestly don’t buy yarn without a plan.
4. Gardens. I’m still paying the price for some of the decisions I made when I started my perennial garden without the proper planning.
5. Holidays. Thanksgiving dinner needs to be planned, Christmas shopping needs to be planned, holiday scheduldes need to be planned . . . and that season will be here before you know it.
6. Vacations. If I don’t plan for them I don’t take them.
7. Health stuff. Eye exams, mammograms, annual physicals . . . planning is what makes them happen.
8. Blog posts. My weeks goes much easier when I have my posts planned. I think it probably makes this a more entertaining blog to visit, too.
9. Parties. I’m already planning the one I’ll be throwing for Hannah’s high school graduation.
10. Meetings. I hold regular meetings and they go much better when I’ve planned the agenda and considered the options.
This was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I think I am truly a planner at heart.