This week’s theme for Ten on Tuesday is 10 Things You Want But Can’t Afford. That’s sort of depressing to think about, isn’t it? Plus, it doesn’t really promote the idea of being happy with what you have. So last week Hillary and I had a chat about this and decide to change the theme. We are doing 10 Things You Love About Fall. Focus on the positive!
1. Fall colors. The leaves are just turning red and orange and yellow here and it’s gorgeous.
2. Apples. I love local apples and Honey Crisp are my new favorite.
3. Pumpkins. Carving pumpkins. Pie pumpkins. Pumpkin seeds. Mmmm.
4. Fall decorations. Leaves and corn stalks and mums and wreaths. Everything really looks beautiful.
5. Cider and donuts. This was a regular Sunday night supper when I was a kid.
6. Crisp air. No humidity around here is a very good thing.
7. Starting up the woodstove. We had our first (very small) fire Friday night. It was mostly for ambiance but it felt (and smelled) wonderful.
8. Drives in the countryside. I love nothing better than to go for a ride on a Sunday afternoon. Dale and I chat and look at the beautiful colors and it’s just a really nice time.
9. Halloween. I love to see the trick or treaters! The left over candy isn’t too bad either.
10. Wool. Knitting with wool, spinning wool, wearing wool sweaters and socks. This really is our time of year.