I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
Ten on Tuesday
This week’s theme for Ten on Tuesday is 10 Things You Want But Can’t Afford. That’s sort of depressing to think about, isn’t it? Plus, it doesn’t really promote the idea of being happy with what you have. So last week Hillary and I had a chat about this and decide to change the theme. We are doing 10 Things You Love About Fall. Focus on the positive!
1. Fall colors. The leaves are just turning red and orange and yellow here and it’s gorgeous.
2. Apples. I love local apples and Honey Crisp are my new favorite.
3. Pumpkins. Carving pumpkins. Pie pumpkins. Pumpkin seeds. Mmmm.
4. Fall decorations. Leaves and corn stalks and mums and wreaths. Everything really looks beautiful.
5. Cider and donuts. This was a regular Sunday night supper when I was a kid.
6. Crisp air. No humidity around here is a very good thing.
7. Starting up the woodstove. We had our first (very small) fire Friday night. It was mostly for ambiance but it felt (and smelled) wonderful.
8. Drives in the countryside. I love nothing better than to go for a ride on a Sunday afternoon. Dale and I chat and look at the beautiful colors and it’s just a really nice time.
9. Halloween. I love to see the trick or treaters! The left over candy isn’t too bad either.
10. Wool. Knitting with wool, spinning wool, wearing wool sweaters and socks. This really is our time of year.
This Post Has 27 Comments
Yay!! Those are all great reasons to love fall. 🙂
Love all your 10 reasons! Would have to substitute the fireplace for the wood stove and my sweaters need to soft merino or a super wash for the most part.
Perfect! I think I’ll wear a sweater to work today…
We got some Honey Crisp apples from the farmers’ market. They are delicious! 🙂
Fall is such a delight. I wish it would last a bit longer. Thanks for taking the positive spin with 10 on Tuesday!
An excellent list! As well as an excellent idea. You know, I saw the Ten on Tuesday topic, and to be honest, couldn’t think of anything that I wanted that badly that I could get if I had more money … not that I am not materialistic – I do love stuff – but nothing came to mind that I thought was worth listing. Go figure.
Great list. I’m so glad we did this.
I’ve been thinking the same thing about the Ten on Tues stuff. My list for Autumn would be nearly the same as yours!
Yay for positive thoughts. (and since the science of thought states that ‘you become what you think about all day’ It was a good thing that you changed the topic!)
I love your list. And I think that I agree with most all of it. It hasn’t gotten quite as cool out here yet (except for mornings).
I wonder if you should just begin your own Ten on Tuesday topic list for positive thinkers. 🙂
It really is our time of year! Our leaves are just starting to show a little yellow!
I agree times ten.
Nice change-up to the list! I took mine to the fantastical/dreamer level, otherwise it would just sound like whining and I won’t have any of that!!
Love the positive … and what a list, all great stuff about fall in New England!
Honey crisps are really life changing apples, aren’t they?
This is excellent! I didn’t get to last week’s after all, but I will definitely do this one — especially since I truly have everything I need and most of what I want. (I want a lot of things that money can’t buy, but that’s a whole different topic.)
I love that you went for the positive…there’s enough negative all around us not to add any! I like your list.
And then there’s Rhinebeck! Which day are you going? You are going, aren’t you?
Yay for # 10.
1-9 are Ok, but I still prefer swimming weather.
Honeycrisps! Crisp air! Beautiful leaves! Crisp air! I can get behind all of this. Until the leaves fall, but let’s think about that tomorrow, fiddle deedee!
I don’t know. I kind of like my list. ;^)
Great list, Carole!
Thank you for not making a list of 10 things we can’t afford. Why we love fall is so much sweeter.
The only thing I’d add to your excellent list is seeing the birds migrate south. I love the big clouds of swans overhead.
What a lovely post…I have to agree with you – it was kind of another negative post – and next week’s doesn’t look any better..
10 of the best reasons I love fall too!
Honey Crisps are my favorites too!
Great list. How about “Ten Things That Cannot Be Bought”? Fall colors could #1 on that list.
Love the positive…I would add Vermont – I love Vermont in the fall.
Comments are closed.