Ten on Tuesday didn’t post last week so there’s no official topic again this week. Luckily, I have come up with my own idea and have shared it with a few friends. And if you are someone who would like to be notified of the topic I pick when there isn’t an official one – please give me a shout out in the comments today.
Anyway, today we are listing 10 Ways To Get Through The Rest of Winter.
- Take a vacation to somewhere warmer. I already did this and it sort of helped – but I’d like to go back already.
- Buy yourself some pretty flowers. Tulips are my favorite and they just happened to be on sale this week. Score.
- Knit colorful socks.
- Hang out with a cat. There’s nothing like a kitty snuggling by your side to make you feel warm.
- Watch for signs of daffodils and tulips and crocus coming up. I usually see the first green shoots poke through in early February.
- Get yourself a pedicure. Personally, I get one every two weeks but I know a lot of people stop in the winter.
- Go to the flower show. The Boston Flower Show is back this year and I’m so happy about that!
- Have an indoor picnic. It’s been a long time since Dale and I have done this, and the dog can make it rather challenging, but it’s still fun to put a quilt on the living room floor and eat some bread and cheese and drink some wine.
- Force some forsythia to bloom indoors. Nothing says spring like forsythia.
- Go to SPA. A weekend of spinning, knitting, eating and drinking with grrlfriends is appropriate anytime of year but it’s especially welcome at the end of February.
It’s not easy to make it through the winter when you love the warm weather like I do. Thanks for sticking around and making it better for me!