In no particular order, my random thoughts on the 82nd Academy Awards.
- Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin weren’t nearly as funny as I thought they would be. Bring back Billy Crystal.
- Sandra Bullock looked lovely. I thought her dress was elegant and her hair was simply beautiful. I’m happy that she won for Best Actress.
- Precious won several awards and I think that’s awesome. It’s not an easy movie to watch but the overall feeling is one of hope and you can’t go wrong there. Hooray for Mo’Nique.
- My opinion of Charlize Theron’s dress: here are my boobs! look at my boobs! they are RIGHT here!
- I predicted 13 categories correctly. I think that’s pretty good.
- I saw all 10 best picture nominated films. Hooray for meeting goals.
- We played Oscar Bingo but I never got bingo. All I needed was someone to “thank God” and no one did. Bunch of heathens there in Hollywood.
- I loved the way they introduced the nominees for Best Actor and Best Actress. It was touching and wonderful to hear the things said about each nominee.
- Good for Kathryn Bigelow for breaking through and winning Best Director – the first time for a woman.
- I did not think Hurt Locker was the right movie for Best Picture but I’m not surprised that it won.
- I was hoping for a win for Avatar but it was not to be. James Cameron is laughing all the way to the bank, I’m sure.
And finally, I made Oscar cookies.
They were yummy!
And this way . . .
We all got to have an Oscar!