I know we just did 10 Things to Bring on a Camping Trip and some might say that this week’s topic, 10 Things To Bring on Vacation, is similar but this is the chance for all those people who didn’t want to go camping to write a vacation list. Here we go:
10 Things To Bring on Vacation
- Beach Stuff. I like to vacation at the beach so that means I need a bathing suit and sunscreen and a beach towel and a comfortable chair.
- Knitting. I can’t leave the house to go anywhere without my knitting so of course I bring it on vacation.
- Spinning Wheel. This is a toss up. I usually bring my wheel and it usually sits in the corner of the living room of the beach house. But I feel better knowing it’s there – just in case I want to spin.
- Camera. You have to be able to capture all those great vacation moments!
- iPhone. There’s no internet at the beach house we rent so the iPhone is a must. I try not to check my email but I usually can’t help myself.
- Dog and Cat. One of the main reasons we love the house we rent is because we get to bring Mason and Dixie. I can’t imagine leaving them for a week!
- Games. We really try to keep the TV watching to a minimum so games are a must. A great family game is Apples to Apples.
- Kindle. Load it up with books and it’s ready for a week or more.
- Booze. Seriously, a martini on the deck after a day at the beach – it doesn’t get better than that.
- Yummy Food. We like to eat out some and eat in some so when we do eat in we treat ourselves to things like steamers and lobster, steak, special hors d’oeuvres and other yummy stuff. No dieting on vacation!
Writing this list has really made me excited about my upcoming vacation. 12 more sleeps!