This week’s topic is near and dear to my heart. 10 Reasons to Love Bacon. And really, who doesn’t love bacon? Frankly, I’ll tell you who – Hannah. Can you believe it? So today’s post is all about great ways to eat bacon in the hopes that it will change my baby girl’s mind.
- Bacon and eggs. The original and why mess with it?
- Bacon Jalapeno thingies. They disappear faster than I can make them.
- Scallops wrapped in bacon. This hors d’oeuvres was an essential back in the 80s when I worked for a chi-chi caterer.
- Pasta Carbonara. Basically it’s bacon and eggs with pasta. Mmmm.
- Bacon Cheeseburgers. Dale likes his without the cheese. Go figure.
- Bacon and Chocolate. You think I’m kidding? Try a Mo’s Bacon Bar and you will see the beauty of this combination.
- Hot bacon dressing. Pour it over a spinach salad and bacon is almost healthy. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
- Bacon dip. There are many variations of this but I like mine with ranch dressing and cream cheese.
- Bacon wrapped venison bites. These are a special treat around here at Christmas time. So delicious and tender.
- Finally, a BLT Sandwich. Turkey club sandwich. Cheeseburger club sandwich. There are so many variations on this theme for a very good reason. It’s simple and delicious.
Let’s all go have some bacon!