Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday so it was easy to come up with this week’s Ten on Tuesday topic: 10 Things You Love About Thanksgiving
- The food, of course. My love of mashed potatoes and gravy is well known but I also love the turkey and the boiled onions and the relish tray and the stuffed dates and the cranberry sauce. I could go on here, but I’ll stop because I’m making myself hungry.
- Making pie. I truly enjoy making pie. It’s a tribute to my mom, who made the best pies in the world, but it’s also wonderful to make pie and then watch people enjoy it. This year I am making 5 pies: apple, pumpkin, mincemeat, cranberry pecan and chocolate cream.
- Being with family. Having Hannah “come home” for the holiday is a new experience for me this year and I’m so excited about it.
- Being with friends. We’ve been going to Lois’ house for Thanksgiving for several years now and I love that our holiday has turned into a real mix of friends and famly.
- Having a large group gather around the table. Nothing says holiday dinner more than having lots of people to enjoy it.
- Holding hands while saying grace.
- Thinking about being thankful. I have much to be thankful for in my life and I’m never more aware of that than on Thanksgiving.
- The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. I always watch. Always. I love it all but I do especially love when Santa arrives at the end. I generally cry at that part.
- Football. This is a new one for me but now that I enjoy watching football I am looking forward to watching some on Thanksgiving.
- Playing games. Between dinner and pie we usually break out the games and play Apples to Apples or Scruples or something like it and it’s fun to just relax and laugh and enjoy the feeling of being full and thankful.
What do you love about Thanksgiving?