These are the finished hand knits of 2010.
There are 31 items pictured there.
- 12 pairs of socks
- 4 pairs of mittens
- 4 sweaters
- 3 scarves
- 1 hat/hood
- 1 blanket
- 6 shawls
It’s significantly less than last year and it’s mostly because I knit less socks. I’m okay with that and I’m pretty pleased with the year’s accomplishments. I am particularly proud of that bridal shawl!
I had some knitting goals for 2010 and this seems like an appropriate time to see how I did with them.
Goals for 2010
- Knit 18 pairs of socks. Nope, only made 12.
- Publish my picot edge sock pattern. Done!
- Learn to crochet in the round. Never happened but at least I can crochet a decent edge now.
- Knit a sweater for me, a sweater for Dale, a sweater for Jessica, and a sweater for Hannah. I knit a sweater for me, a sweater for Dale (except it was too small and now it’s Hannah’s, more on that later), and a sweater for Hannah. No sweater for Jessica.
Goals for 2011:
- Knit 12 pairs of socks. 1 per months seems to work just fine.
- Learn to crochet in the round. Maryse, are you listening?
- Knit a sweater for Dale that actually fits.
- Knit a vest for me.
- Knit random things for other people as the need arises. I’m sure this will include items for Hannah and perhaps also Jessica.
I believe in goals and appreciate the challenge of meeting them. Honestly, though, my favorite thing about this post is seeing all the things I made in one big mosaic!