We’ve been having a lot of rain lately and it’s a little frustrating. I want to be outside and yet I can’t be outside without getting wet. On the other hand, this wet weather has made me truly appreciate the sunny days we have had. All of this is just a lead up to this week’s topic, 10 Favorite Things to do Outside.
- Sit. It may be a great indicator of my laziness to post this first but I truly love to just sit outside. It can be on my deck or on the grass or on the back steps, I just love sitting outside and breathing it all in.
- Knit. This sort of goes with #1 but it’s different. Sometimes I really do just sit. And sometimes I sit and knit, it all depends on my mood.
- Take pictures. You can’t beat natural light and the best way to get it is to take your camera outside and just start shooting.
- Bike ride. I love my pretty Electra bike and I love to be outside riding it. It makes me feel like a little kid.
- Spin. The season for spinning outside is short around here since I can’t spin when it’s humid but I adore those glorious early summer days when I can take the wheel out on the deck and spin in the sunshine.
- Go for a walk. My favorite walk is the walk to the river where my brother-in-law and his wife live. It’s a good length for a walk and the scenery is lovely. I’m actually wondering why I don’t do it more often.
- Eat. Dining al fresco is a wonderful thing and I do it whenever the weather cooperates.
- Garden. I’ll admit I have to force myself to do this but once I do I always enjoy it. I love the smell of the dirt and (this may be a little crazy) but the plants feel like little people to me and that makes me want to care for them.
- Read. This is especially enjoyable under the shade of a beautiful tree.
- Camp. I know I don’t have a lot of company in my love of camping but I stick by it – it’s fun and relaxing and one of the best ways to enjoy being outside.
Writing this list has made me want to shut off the computer and go outside. If only it would stop raining.