I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
Sunday morning found me sitting on the sofa, desperately trying to think of a topic for Ten on Tuesday. I glanced around me, hoping for inspiration, and my eyes fell on the current Vermont Country Store catalog, which I had been flipping through before bed Saturday night. (I lead an exciting life, don’t I?) Anyway, I found my inspiration and this week’s topic: 10 Favorite Mail Order Catalogs.
- Penzey’s. Love their spice, love their recipes.
- Country Curtains. They are pricey but they always have something that works in my home.
- Vermont Country Store. If you are looking for old-fashioned stuff that you can’t find in the store anymore, they probably have it here.
- L.L. Bean. Simply the best.
- King Arthur Flour. They have every baking supply in the world, it seems.
- Victorian Trading Company. I have occasionally found very cool things I can use for reenacting.
- The Company Store. I love them for towels and bedding.
- Plow and Hearth. I dream about having a backyard like the ones in their catalog.
- WEBS. Do I even need to explain?
- Keepsake Quilting. I don’t even quilt much anymore but I still love to pore over the fabric in this catalog.
I must admit that I don’t get as excited about catalogs as I did before the days of the internet but I do still enjoy sitting down with a cup of tea and a favorite catalog.