Wednesdays Are For Knitting

I finished my Wandering the Moor shawl the other day and I considered immediately starting Color Affection with those beautiful skeins I showed you on Monday. Then I remembered my post about shawls back in the spring. I’ve got 3 out of 4 of those knit but I’d still really like to knit the Aeolian Shawl out of that luscious skein of silk that I bought at WEBS last year. And you know how I am about sticking to a plan. Then I remembered seeing Susan’s Progression shawl when I was at Blazing Needles and I thought about how great that would look with this gorgeous skein of Woolen Rabbit laceweight that I have. And I thought I could revise my plan to include this new shawl after I finished the Aeolian shawl.

So you know what I did?

I pulled out the scarf kit that I bought while I was in Utah.

And I wound up those mini skeins and I cast on for Leftie.

Who says I can’t be spontaneous?

19 Comments

1. Kym Said,

October 24, 2012 @ 7:18 am

I just wound my Leftie skeins as well! It’s so fun to have a project that connects me so immediately to you and Margene and Utah!

2. Deirdre Said,

October 24, 2012 @ 7:34 am

I think spontaneous knitting is sometimes the best kind of knitting!

3. Sharon Said,

October 24, 2012 @ 8:13 am

I just bought the Leftie kit by Miss Babs at Rhinebeck! I’m glad to see I’ll be in good company knitting it! But told myself I have to finish my Hitchhiker first!

4. Kathy Said,

October 24, 2012 @ 8:27 am

Crazy! I love that Leftie scarf — I want to make it too.

5. margene Said,

October 24, 2012 @ 8:36 am

I’m ready to start my Leftie, too! It’s bright and happy which I need to fill my hands with when the weather is dreary! We three have a great connection! I’ll cast on today!

6. Robby Said,

October 24, 2012 @ 9:18 am

ROFL – that is so the sort of thing I would do. Start out with not just a plan, but a mission – and then watch it get morphed into a new plan. Love those colors!

7. Patty Said,

October 24, 2012 @ 9:20 am

It was obviously meant to be! It will be fun to see the three completed projects.

8. Robby Said,

October 24, 2012 @ 9:21 am

Did I mention I’m off to look at that Leftie project again? ;^)

9. Jo-Ann Said,

October 24, 2012 @ 9:23 am

Love the colors! I will be casting on a new shawl this weekend, printed out the pattern yesterday. I know that I wanted to finish the hat I have on the needles first, but the pattern is on my kindle … and my kindle accidentally got left at our cousin’s house last weekend, so I can’t work on that until I get the kindle back in 2 weeks. Obviously I need to cast on for a shawl to ease the pain ;)

10. Donna Said,

October 24, 2012 @ 9:24 am

Those colors are super gorgeous. I would have had a hard time deciding what to do next.

11. Cheryl S. Said,

October 24, 2012 @ 10:00 am

Whatever speaks to you!
    I started Semele at the knitter’s retreat, and it’s just been sitting in its bag while I finished up my mother’s cardigan, the baby blanket, started and finished a new cardigan, and have now started a pullover.

12. Ann in the UP Said,

October 24, 2012 @ 10:55 am

It helps to know there are no Knitting Police. Whatever turns your crank.

That being said, I have the patterns and yarn for the Fall in Full Colors projects, and I’m knitting men’s grey socks. I think I need a little of being spontaneous.

I love your yarn colors too!! Gorgeous!

13. Mary K. in Rockport Said,

October 24, 2012 @ 12:53 pm

I LOVE that Leftie pattern – and I’m not going to do a thing about it.

14. kmkat Said,

October 25, 2012 @ 1:39 pm

Great color combination!

15. kmkat Said,

October 25, 2012 @ 1:40 pm

Okay, I just went to Ravelry and looked at Leftie. I have that one in my mental queue, too!

16. Kathode Ray Tube Said,

October 25, 2012 @ 6:59 pm

Lovely colors! Have to look up Leftie.

17. susan Said,

October 26, 2012 @ 12:09 am

using that sock yarn for Leftie is brilliant

18. jill Said,

October 31, 2012 @ 3:35 pm

Beautiful collection of colors. Now I want some!! Enjoy, enjoy!

19. lynne s of oz Said,

November 4, 2012 @ 8:03 pm

Argh, now I have looked at leftie and I want to knit the most ginormous one… like one of the ladies on ravelry, only I don’t want to deal with the ends… But I am a leftie and it is appropriate and it would use some scraps up… Sheesh, I shouldn’t swing by any blogs ever.

RSS feed for comments on this post