I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
The 4th of July is just two days away and that means burgers on the grill! And while my husband prefers the simplicity of a thick slice of tomato and nothing else, I like to get a little more creative with my hamburger toppings, as you’re about to see. Today’s Ten on Tuesday topic is: 10 Favorite Hamburger Toppings.
- American cheese. It’s the classic topping for a reason.
- Bacon. Everything is better with bacon.
- Lettuce. Iceburg, please.
- Mayo. I know, I know, ketchup is healthier but if I have lettuce then I must have mayo
- Ketchup. If I don’t have lettuce then I’m good with ketchup. And I like extra for dipping.
- Mustard. I actually like to spread a little mustard on the raw patty before I grill it – it adds a great zest without being overwhelming.
- Sauteed mushrooms and Swiss cheese. This is great with a bit of garlic, too.
- Pickles. Dill chips. Or those sandwich stacker things.
- Avocado. It has to be firm and not mushy, though, a tricky state to achieve with avocados around here.
- Blue cheese. This is when for I’m feeling all gourmet.
And now, I’m hungry for a burger and I’m not sure I can wait until Thursday! Did you play along? Be sure and click to add your link.