The 4th of July is just two days away and that means burgers on the grill! And while my husband prefers the simplicity of a thick slice of tomato and nothing else, I like to get a little more creative with my hamburger toppings, as you’re about to see. Today’s Ten on Tuesday topic is: 10 Favorite Hamburger Toppings.
- American cheese. It’s the classic topping for a reason.
- Bacon. Everything is better with bacon.
- Lettuce. Iceburg, please.
- Mayo. I know, I know, ketchup is healthier but if I have lettuce then I must have mayo
- Ketchup. If I don’t have lettuce then I’m good with ketchup. And I like extra for dipping.
- Mustard. I actually like to spread a little mustard on the raw patty before I grill it – it adds a great zest without being overwhelming.
- Sauteed mushrooms and Swiss cheese. This is great with a bit of garlic, too.
- Pickles. Dill chips. Or those sandwich stacker things.
- Avocado. It has to be firm and not mushy, though, a tricky state to achieve with avocados around here.
- Blue cheese. This is when for I’m feeling all gourmet.
And now, I’m hungry for a burger and I’m not sure I can wait until Thursday! Did you play along? Be sure and click to add your link.