I have this friend who hates to be alone. I find that very peculiar because I love to be alone. Okay, I’m not overjoyed when Dale has to work on a Saturday night but mostly I do just fine entertaining myself for an afternoon or evening or even a weekend. I’m not sure why my friend has such a hard time with it but I’ve been thinking about ways to help him learn to enjoy being alone and that’s how I came up with this week’s Ten on Tuesday topic: 10 Favorite Things To Do When You’re Alone.
- Knit. Obviously. Nothing is more entertaining to me, especially if I’m working on a complicated pattern or design.
- Read. I swear my family cannot resist interrupting me when I’m reading. When they aren’t home I don’t get interrupted. Hooray.
- Watching reruns of Grey’s Anatomy. No one in my house loves this show more than me and I can watch old episodes over and over.
- Go shopping. I really do prefer to shop alone. Sure, it’s fun with Hannah or a girlfriend but I find I am most successful when I go by myself.
- Get a pedicure. This is another activity that’s fun with a friend but I love to go by myself and just relax and enjoy that little bit of pampering.
- Bake. Baking eases stress for me and it’s also fun to bake something yummy to share with my family when they get home.
- Visit the crafts store. I like to poke around and look at all the things and plan and then come home and craft. Of course, sometimes this goes terribly wrong.
- Go for a run. I do love to run alone.
- Eat foods only I like. This used to be sushi but now my family likes that. I’m still mostly on my own for Thai and Mexican, though. Okay, not really because Hannah likes those cuisines but she’s never home anyway.
- Take photos. I can take photos of silly things and if they come out crappy no one is the wiser.
How about you? Do you enjoy being alone? What do you like to do when you are alone?