I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
We are in the midst of our 3rd heat wave of the summer here in Massachusetts. And you all know I love summer – I’d much rather be hot than cold. Still, when it’s hot like this (it’s not the heat, it’s the humidity) we all start looking for ways to stay cool. That’s why today’s Ten on Tuesday topic is 10 Ways to Beat the Heat.
- Stay indoors. Most of us have AC these days and it’s pretty comfortable in my house, even when the temps do soar into the 90s.
- Go to the beach. The sand is hot and the sun can be brutal but our Atlantic Ocean is nice and cool.
- Drink lots and lots of water. Dale had a bit of an episode with the heat when we were in NH and I gave him a stern lecture about staying hydrated. It’s so important.
- Knit lace. It’s light and airy and not hot and heavy in your lap like a sweater.
- Knit socks. Again, not heavy in your lap.
- Eat light. Cold salads are perfect, especially since our local produce is at it’s peak.
- Make popsicles. I’ve been perusing recipes for adult popsicles. You know, the ones with booooze.
- Dress appropriately. Thin fabrics, strapless tops, lightweight skirts are all good options right now.
- Read a book set in a very cold place. Dr. Zhivago is a great one for summer, as is Ethan Frome.
- Sit in the shade and drink a cold beer. Occasionally put the bottle against the back of your neck. Sigh.
I hope you are all staying cool and hydrated! If you wrote a post be sure and add your link below. If you want to receive Ten on Tuesday topics via email just click here to sign up.