My favorite Ten on Tuesday topic after a holiday weekend is always 10 Things I Did This Weekend. Ready?
- Met Patty for a great sushi lunch. I drove an hour west and she drove an hour east and we spent 2 1/2 hours talking, laughing and swapping stories. It was fun and I can’t wait to do it again.
- Had a quiet Friday night alone. Dale was working with the band and, while I was maybe a little bored and lonesome, I read a lot of magazines and watched a bunch of Grey’s Anatomy reruns.
- Blocked my newly finished mystery shawl. It’s beautiful. And really really big. More on that later this week.
- Shopped for window boxes. Did not find what we needed. Anyone got advice on hanging window boxes on a house with vinyl siding? This is new territory for us.
- Finished Small Mercies by Eddie Joyce. I loved it and highly recommend it.
- Visited with my father-in-law. 88 years old and trying a tequila shot for the first time in his life. Love him.
- Had an awesome Sunday with Dale. So often the weekends include yard work and household stuff but we agreed on Sunday to do nothing but have fun. We got lobsters and steamers, hung out in the yard, played some games, listened to some music, swung in the hammock and danced on the deck. It was a perfectly perfect day.
- Bought a very cool cooler for the deck. It shall be henceforth known as the party box. It takes a lot of ice to fill that thing but I love it.
- Had the kids over for a cook out on Memorial Day. Laughed. Relaxed. Enjoyed being together.
- Took lots of photos. That happens pretty much every weekend but it brings me joy to capture moments with my camera.
What did you do this weekend? If you wrote a post for today please include your link below. If you want to subscribe to the weekly Ten on Tuesday email please click here.