I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
The commencement address at Hannah’s university was given by the university’s president and it was very good. He spoke about character and strength and gave some excellent advice. It got me to thinking – what advice would I give to a college graduating class? And you know what happens when I start thinking – Ten On Tuesday topics get created. Today’s topic, no surprise is 10 Things You Would Say If You Gave a Commencement Address.
- Congratulations. Well done. Good job.
- Find a job but make it one that you love.
- Don’t put off an advanced degree if that’s what you’re after.
- Thank your parents and families.
- Don’t use credit cards.
- Trust yourself. Trust your brain, trust your heart, trust your gut. You will know when you are doing the right thing.
- Failure builds character. And confidence.
- Work hard but don’t make work your life.
- Be prepared to change your mind. You might think you have it all figured out right now but you probably don’t. Be open to possibilities.
- Find joy every day. Really – at least once every day find something or someone around you that brings you joy.