I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
Ten On Tuesday
My favorite Ten on Tuesday topic after a holiday weekend is always 10 Things I Did This Weekend. Ready?
- Met Patty for a great sushi lunch. I drove an hour west and she drove an hour east and we spent 2 1/2 hours talking, laughing and swapping stories. It was fun and I can’t wait to do it again.
- Had a quiet Friday night alone. Dale was working with the band and, while I was maybe a little bored and lonesome, I read a lot of magazines and watched a bunch of Grey’s Anatomy reruns.
- Blocked my newly finished mystery shawl. It’s beautiful. And really really big. More on that later this week.
- Shopped for window boxes. Did not find what we needed. Anyone got advice on hanging window boxes on a house with vinyl siding? This is new territory for us.
- Finished Small Mercies by Eddie Joyce. I loved it and highly recommend it.
- Visited with my father-in-law. 88 years old and trying a tequila shot for the first time in his life. Love him.
- Had an awesome Sunday with Dale. So often the weekends include yard work and household stuff but we agreed on Sunday to do nothing but have fun. We got lobsters and steamers, hung out in the yard, played some games, listened to some music, swung in the hammock and danced on the deck. It was a perfectly perfect day.
- Bought a very cool cooler for the deck. It shall be henceforth known as the party box. It takes a lot of ice to fill that thing but I love it.
- Had the kids over for a cook out on Memorial Day. Laughed. Relaxed. Enjoyed being together.
- Took lots of photos. That happens pretty much every weekend but it brings me joy to capture moments with my camera.
What did you do this weekend? If you wrote a post for today please include your link below. If you want to subscribe to the weekly Ten on Tuesday email please click here.
This Post Has 15 Comments
What an excellent weekend; I love your lunch with Patty and those lobsters! I’m trying to fit Small Mercies into a Book Bingo box, but it sounds like a worthwhile book even if I can’t make it fit. Maybe I can alter my card! 😉
Love that party box! I’m glad you had some time to relax. We often work through the weekends and it’s such a bummer come Monday morning! Gotta love your father in law 🙂
I love your new party box! And I can’t wait to see the mystery shawl.
Sounds like a great weekend, Carole 🙂 No wonder you chose this topic for today! In Canada, it was not a long weekend holiday 😛
Perfectly perfect, indeed! (And I hope you put the new party box to good use on Monday.) 🙂
Saturday we went to the Cloisters, a museum of Medieval art with an herb garden at the top of Manhattan. Sunday we went on a bike ride to the Hudson River Park and had a picnic and watched the boats. Yesterday we went to the Metropolitan Museum and drew Greek sculptures. Beautiful weather. Also, I’m knitting a simple summer sweater for myself, my first from the top down, and it’s working up very fast.
Delightful! We got the lake house ready for summer – so that meant lots of work, but we also squeezed in some fun – a boat ride on a gloriously sunny Sunday, meals shared with family, sushi on the way up (grocery store sushi, but sushi nonetheless), some knitting on my mystery shawl (making progress), and time spent with some of my favorite people in the world (not all of them, ahem). I also squeezed in catching Shawn’s illness, so some time was spent in bed or on the couch coughing and feeling not terrific. Hopefully it goes as quickly as it came! I love that Jack tried a tequila shot, he’s so full of love and life!
Perfect is correct! Great start to the weekend too. 🙂 That party box is really something special!
Mmmm, lobstah! What a great weekend.
More of a bracket system to hold a window box? I’d think they’d have some ideas at a home and/or garden center.
I would contact the siding mfg and inquire about their recommendation. We got concrete siding put on our townhouse, and were given pretty specific info about what was and was not OK for the warranty and functionality. Sounds like you had a great weekend!
Your weekend sounds perfect! I love weekends that include time alone and time with my honey…and others!
Love your 88 year old shot pal!
Fun to peek into everyone’s day!
Forgot it was Tuesday, and I already posted! One of those weeks where I’m a day off!
Love your party box and would ADORE one of the lobsters right about now! Your weekend sounds like perfection!
I like your work hiatus. Just plan time for fun. I am taking lessons. What did I do all weekend? Yardwork. Raking. Weeding. Mulching. Buying potting soil and compost. Sweating.
I love reading everyone’s weekend recaps and seeing how summer kicks off in other parts of the country. You are representing New England mighty well, my friend, with lobsters, backyard games and plenty of red, white and blue! Happy Summer!
Comments are closed.