I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
Mary emailed me the other day and said she had an idea for a Ten On Tuesday topic: Ten Ideas for November Daily Blogging, or NaBloPoMo, as it’s fondly called. Now. I am in no way committing to blogging daily in November by offering this as a topic. I’m going to be out of town for part of the month and I haven’t figured out yet if I want to take this on, but, I think it’s a great topic and I know some of you may be looking for inspiration so here we go!
- On Mondays post about your weekend. Weekending, as we call it, is a great topic for a blog post.
- On Tuesday participate in Ten On Tuesdays. Duh.
- On Wednesdays talk about knitting. Or not knitting and some other hobby like quilting or reading. In other words, Wednesday is hobby day.
- On Thursdays do Throwback Thursday. Show an old photo and tell a story about it. Repost an older blog post that you think was exceptional for some reason. You get the idea.
- On Fridays post a beautiful photo for Eye Candy Friday.
- How about Selfie Saturday with a selfie each week? You could do that on Sunday, also. I’m big on the alliteration thing for this stuff.
- I know one year we did Sunday Suppers and talked about favorite foods from our childhood or things we like to cook on Sundays. Another Sunday idea is to take a prompt from Kim Klassen and post a photo for My Still Sunday. We all love still life photos, right? I mean, I’m kind of crazy about them and I wouldn’t be able to do Project 365 without them.
- In general my biggest advice is take lots and lots of photos. You can be inspired to blog about anything if you have a good photo to start the post. Take photos when you are cooking, take photos when you are driving to work (pull over first, please), take photos when you go for a pedicure or to the grocery store – take photos and your blog posts will take care of themselves. Well, mostly.
- Visit BlogHer for writing prompts.
- There are also some excellent ideas here. I definitely see some inspiring ideas on that list.
And there you have it – plenty of ideas for a month of daily blogging. Are you in?
If you wrote a post for today please include a link to it below so that we can all come and read it. As always, if you’d like to sign up for the weekly Ten On Tuesday topic, please click here.