We had a really fun weekend of camping and today I've got pictures to share…
Happy Anniversary, Baby
Eight years ago today I married the love of my life. I think a part of me fell in love with him the first time I saw him, which was almost 13 years ago, but when we danced together for the first time 4 years after that I fell completely, absolutely, head over heels in love – right there on the dance floor of a local nightclub. He put his arms around me and all I could think was that it felt like coming home. Have you felt that? It’s incredible and I knew instantly that this man would be my husband.
That’s our “blended” family in the picture and, while we have made our share of mistakes in bringing together 4 kids, a dog and a cat, we have done it all in the name of love.
There are a zillion things I could tell you about Dale and what it’s like to be married to him, but I’m going to limit it to fifty. Here, in no particular order, are fifty reasons why I love my husband.
1. He’s smart.
2. He’s funny.
3. He’s wicked handsome.
4. He’s very romantic.
5. He thinks I’m cute.
6. He picks me wildflowers when he’s in the woods.
7. He takes me for Sunday drives.
8. He worries about me.
9. He’s a great father.
10. He’s dependable.
11. He loves the outdoors.
12. He’s a gentleman.
13. He sings to me.
14. He’s a great dancer.
15. He drives me to yarn shops.
16. He’s polite.
17. He has a loving, supportive family.
18. He writes me poetry and love letters.
19. He loves to read.
20. He’s a dreamer.
21. He does the laundry.
22. He makes great hamburgers.
23. He’s a library supporter.
24. He rescues turtles crossing the road.
25. He can paint and wallpaper.
26. He kills bugs for me.
27. He taught me to fish.
28. He’s spontaneous.
29. He’ll eat anything I put in front of him.
30. He’s incredibly patient.
31. He loves the dog and the cat.
32. He hates confrontation.
33. He’s not afraid to cry.
34. He doesn’t care how much money I spend on yarn.
35. He bought me an Ipod.
36. He lets me make all of our social plans.
37. He makes me feel safe.
38. He’s a sensitive guy.
39. He smells good.
40. He’s completely and utterly flexible.
41. He’s very sweet.
42. He doesn’t care if I gain or lose weight.
43. He loves music.
44. He’s loyal.
45. He’s my best friend.
46. He’s completely supportive of anything I do.
47. He’s fun to be with.
48. He’s makes me proud.
49. He makes me happy.
50. He loves me.
Happy Anniversary, Dale. Wherever you’re going, I’m going your way.
This Post Has 6 Comments
happy anniversary you two lovebird.Keep on slow dancing
Many, many, many more to you both!!
What a beautiful tribute to your guy. Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversery mommy+daddy!!!!
Awesome post! Happy Anniversary!
Hey, any man who rescues turtles and doesn’t mind what you spend on yarn is my kind of guy.
Comments are closed.