Lo and behold, I have a finished pair of socks to show you today. Are…
Aren’t they pretty? The yarn is Schaefer Anne, which I’ve knit with before for my Swallowtail Shawl, but this is the first time I’ve actually used it for socks. It’s very soft and very fine and has a nice halo from the mohair content. It sort of stripes but not really and the colors blend together in a lovely fashion.
I chose this particular pattern because of something very specific my sock pal said. I’m not going to give it away but, if the recipient is reading this post and remembers what she wrote in her questionnaire, well, this picture is a pretty big hint. As for the pattern, there were some details that were kind of wacky. Beth wrote about the heel issue and Anne clued me in that there was an error in the charts for the foot. But even more than that, I felt the directions were lacking a bit. I’ve knit plenty of socks on circular needles before and that’s a good thing because the pattern didn’t really provide great instructions on that technique, even though it was written for that method. I took good notes and moved forward because I liked the design so much but be warned, there are some glitches.
I made one of my standard sock labels – the name is blacked out so no hints there – and will be shipping them off with some other goodies today.
Hope you like them, sock pal!