I have wanted this specialty bread pan for ages. And I resisted buying it. Not…
Posting a recipe for Magic Cookie Bars is probably silly because everybody makes these, right? But they are a favorite around here and they are great for a quick, easy dessert. It’s easy to keep the ingredients on hand and when you need to bring something to a party you can throw these together in no time. And they mix up in one pan so you don’t wind up with a sink full of dirty dishes, either. I used to make them and bring them to other places so much that when Hannah was little she once asked me if I could make them “just for us” to eat. Of course I obliged. And now you can make them, too. You don’t have to send them to Hannah, though. You can keep them for your own self.
Magic Cookie Bars
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350°
- Put a 9 X 13 pan in the oven with the stick of butter while the oven preheats. This melts the butter without using another pan.
- When the butter is melted take the pan out of the oven and stir in the graham cracker crumbs. Press evenly throughout the pan. Sprinkle nuts over graham cracker crumbs, then chocolate chips, then coconut. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool and then cut into squares.