I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
You’ll have to wait another day to see my pictures from King Richard’s Faire because today is Tuesday and the topic is a positive one. 10 Favorite Movie Moments.
1. When Harry Met Sally. No, not the scene when she fakes the orgam. That one is good but I love the scene when she orders the pie. On the side is a very big thing with Sally.
2. Fargo. I love all the scenes with Marge but especially the one where she encourages her husband about winning the 2¢ duck stamp. “People always buy the little stamps when they raise the price, doncha know.”
3. Gone With The Wind. Again, there are many moments I love in this movie but I guess my favorite would have to be when Scarlet is eating barbecue surrounded by all her beaus.
4. Steel Magnolias. My absolute favorite moment in this movie is near the end when Sally Field is at the cemetary and so upset about her daughter dying. And she is going on and on about wanting to hit something because she is so angry. Olympia Dukakis pushes Shirley MacLean right in front of Sally Field and cries, “Here! Hit this!” It’s such a great way to break the tension and everyone starts laughing.
5. Shrek. Ogres are like onions.
6. Casablanca. The scene at Rick’s when the French outsing the Germans. Of course, there’s also a great scene in When Harry Met Sally when they discuss Casablanca and Sally is saying that Ilsa made the right choice when she stuck by Laszlo because she got to be the “first lady of Czechoslovakia.” It’s a riot.
7. An Officer And A Gentleman. I wouldn’t be a romantic if I didn’t love the ending when Richard Gere comes in and carries Debra Winger out of the factory. I can’t watch it without blubbering.
8. Monty Python and the Holy Grail. This has to be one of the most quotable movies ever. “Help! Help! I’m being repressed!” And of course, “How do you know he’s a king? Because he hasn’t got shit all over him.”
9. Rebecca. The part where Mrs. Danvers is encouraging poor Joan Fontaine (who never has a first name – you know that, right?) to jump out the window. That scene chills me to the bone.
10. The Princess Bride. You’re in the pit of despair! Cracks me up every time.
Now this is my kind of list. Fast and fun!