I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
This week’s topic is 10 Places That Make You Happy. I have lots of happy places and I go to them as often as I can!
- My living room. This is my where I spend my time in the winter – the woodstove is cranking and the candles are glowing and it’s the coziest place I know.
- My bed. Dale and I will be married 13 years next month and climbing into our bed together at the end of a long day is still my favorite moment of the day. It definitely makes me happy.
- The beach. I mostly go to Cape Cod beaches but I’ll take a beach in the tropics, too.
- The mountains. Okay, Margene’s mountains, please. I have been oh-so-happy every time I’ve been there.
- My office at the library. It’s yellow and cheerful and decorated with a quilted wall hanging I made and pictures of my family and I feel happy (and proud) when I’m there.
- My deck. This is the flipside of the living room in the winter. In the summer it’s all about the deck and knitting and watching the hummingbirds. Definitely a happy place.
- My friends houses. I love visiting friends, those near and those far. I am always happy at the home of a friend.
- T.J. Smith’s. This is the restaurant where our Kiwanis meetings are held. The bartender, Julie is a dear friend, and it’s like my very own Cheers – where everybody knows my name. We’ll be taking prom pictures there this coming Friday.
- A yarn shop. I don’t really have one I consider my own but any yarn shop makes me happy.
- Traveling with Dale. I know this isn’t really a place but I’m happy to go anyplace with my guy so I’m counting this as my #10.
I hope you all find a happy place today!