I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
Ten on Tuesday
Thanks to the mad skillz of JessaLu, we now have an official button for Ten on Tuesday.
I hesitated to do this because I didn’t want to steal anything away from the original creator of Ten on Tuesday. But, that ToT page hasn’t been updated since January and the owner of the page hasn’t responded to my emails. At JessaLu’s suggestion we are calling this Ten on Tuesday version 2.0 and hoping that we won’t be stepping on any toes by changing it slightly.
There is an official sign up page where you can enter your email address to receive the weekly topic so that you can participate yourself in Ten on Tuesday. And just in case you’re on the fence about this, today’s topic is 10 Reasons To Participate in Ten on Tuesday.
- It’s fun. The topics are usually positive and often playful, too.
- It’s challenging. Sometimes it’s tough to come up with 10 things to fit a given topic and it’s a challenge to get it done.
- It’s blog fodder. This is my biggest reason for doing it! Once a week I’ve got something pre-planned and that really helps with filling up a Mon-Fri blog.
- It’s a great way to find other blogs. The more people who participate the more valid this point will become.
- It gives your readers a chance to get to know you on a different level.
- It makes you think about your choices, whether it’s the books you read, the tv shows you watch, or the things you are knitting.
- It gives you a way to track things like places you want to go, books you want to read, household chores you want to finish.
- You get a weekly email from me. Yeah, I’m stretching it at this point.
- You can suggest topics. Yes, it’s true, I take suggestions. Sometimes I even beg for them.
- Finally, it’s inspiring. Yup, it is. I swear.
Don’t forget to sign up for the weekly mailing!
ETA: There is now have a gallery plugin for people who are participating! Click on the button below (the one that says “Add Your Link”) and put in your Ten on Tuesday post url (the http://www address in the box at the top of your browser) and you’ll be added to the gallery below! To make sure you have your POST url address, please click on your post title on your blog before you copy & paste your url into the gallery plugin. Thank you!
This Post Has 16 Comments
I find that I am often too much of a slug to come up with the requisite ten, but I love reading yours!
Like Nora, I just can’t come up with ten of anything on a regular basis, but it is fun to see what you come up with each week.
Suggestions! I hadn’t thought of that. Will put on the cap.
Great list! I probably won’t post today because I’ve got a bunch of stuff going on but I would add “Keep in touch with my friend Carole” as a reason to participate in ToT. 🙂
Love the button 🙂 Hmmmm, this would give me an excuse to check in at my blog more often, which I really need to do. Ok, I’m game!
Cool button. I like your positive approach to the Ten on Tuesday. Have a great day, Carole!
lovely that you are doing this – and I’m with Nora and Margene.. I love reading yours, but cannot come up with anything even close to ten on most of these topics. (ha.. what a sheltered life I lead!)
I’m glad to help! Now for some suggestions…hmmm ;o)
I love the new button and the new, positive spin on ToT.
What a handy little plug-in! Thanks for taking the reigns, Carole. I’m really looking forward to having at least one post a week 🙂
Ok, you talked me into it…I signed up. But given my track record with Blogging Week and Creativity Boot Camp, I probably won’t even remember it’s Tuesday half the time – oh, wait! Nifty little email to remind me? You rock!
Great button! I think I might give this a try.. .
I signed up and look forward to weekly posts. Will think about some topics too. Thanks for setting this up.
Wow! Love the upgrade and the nicer topics. Thanks for doing all this.
Thanks so much for the sign-up page, I am forever needing things to blog about and was wondering where it came from! Won’t be getting to it today, though.
My post: http://crobiknitter.wordpress.com/2010/06/17/10-on-tues-wip-weds-ipod-death/
Sorry it’s so late! I had an iPod death in the family after a round of migraines so I was late. 🙁
Thank you for sending this out and making it so fun and involved. I really appreciate it! (and I love the background image on your blog).
Congrats to you and Dale and also to your daughter!
Comments are closed.