I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
Our kids are visiting from Florida this week and Ambrynn (if you can believe it) is now 5 years old. Hence the inspiration for this week’s theme: 10 Ways to Entertain a Child.
- Read a story together. I wouldn’t be much of a librarian if this wasn’t first on my list.
- Cook something. This is not that easy for me as I prefer to be alone in the kitchen but it can be fun to cook or bake together.
- Play a game. You could play a board game or make up a game – either way this is sure to be entertaining.
- Go to the beach. Lots of stuff to do while at the beach!
- Go to the zoo. We did this last year when the kids visited and we all had a great time.
- Do something crafty together. A little knitting, crocheting or sewing – if they learn to do it on their own you might even get some quiet time.
- Go for a bike ride.
- Sit in the back yard and watch for birds. This is a favorite for our family.
- Take a walk. A little exercise, a little scenery, a little entertaining.
- Just hang out and talk. You’ll be amazed at the things they will say!
I had lots of people sign up for the new email notification thing. If you missed it last week and want to join us, go here. And don’t forget to add the link to your post by clicking the Add Your Link button below.