I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
This week is the first full week of July and it’s officially summer here in Massachusetts. It’s hot, it’s humid and it’s glorious! I think it’s a great opportunity to talk about 10 Ways to Celebrate Summer.
- Go to the beach. Duh.
- Go to a fair and go on some rides. Hannah may be off this for a while since she threw up last week after going on a few too many rides.
- Eat summertime foods like lobster and corn.
- Relax outside. My deck is my favorite spot to be this time of year, especially in the late afternoon when the sun has gone down but the mosquitoes haven’t come out yet.
- Go to a cook out. Burgers with all the fixins and hot dogs with mustard and relish are a great way to enjoy a summer day.
- Go to a ball game. We are cheap and go to the local Rox but Hannah went to her first Red Sox game last weekend and she may never settle for the Rox again.
- Sleep late. No one has to get up for school and that means I get to sleep past 5 am on the week days. Hooray!
- Ride around in a convertible. My Jeep is great this time of year. I take the roof down and the doors off and ride around with the wind in my hair. I love it!
- Get an ice cream. An ice cream cone on a hot summer night brings back such memories of my childhood.
- Run through the sprinkler. I haven’t done this since I was a kid and I’m not even sure if we have a sprinkler but I’m going to check and if we do – I’m running through it.
You all know that I love summer so you can bet that I will be celebrating hard for the next 8 weeks!