I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
This week’s topic is in direct response to my current situation. I’m looking for things to make me happy and so our list today is 10 Ways to Lighten Your Mood.
- Watch a funny movie. One of my favorites is Young Frankenstein – it always makes me laugh. You could also watch a sitcom or two. Reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond are great and Modern Family (which one a bunch of emmy awards, yay for them!) is my new favorite.
- Spend time participating in your favorite hobby. In my case that’s knitting mostly but I also indulge in photography and spinning. A hobby makes for a great distraction when you’re feeling blue.
- Talk to a friend. I received an amazingly well-timed phone call from The Knitigator Sunday night and it really helped a lot.
- Email a friend. It’s almost as good as a phone call and it really helps.
- Volunteer. Nothing like seeing those less fortunate to help you put things in perspective.
- Go for a walk. Okay, I probably won’t do this but I’m told that exercise is a great mood elevator.
- Go for a bike ride. This is more likely to happen and since riding my bike always make me feel like a kid, well, you can’t beat that for lightening the mood.
- Eat something delicious. I try hard not to comfort myself with food (okay, I fail but I try) but sometimes a bowl of ice cream or some mashed potatoes and gravy is just the thing.
- Tackle a project. Paint a room or organize a closet or weed the garden. Throwing yourself into mindless work is bound to make you feel better.
- Just let it out. Sometimes a good cry is the best thing in the world. Ask me how I know!