I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
Ten On Tuesday
One of the Fat Mum Slim’s Photo-A-Day prompts for last week was “Good Together” and all I could think of was peanut butter and banana. That got me to thinking about what other foods are good together and that lead me to this week’s Ten on Tuesday topic: 10 Foods That Belong Together.
- Mashed Potatoes & Gravy. If you know me at all then you anticipated this would be the first thing on my list.
- Chili & Cornbread. Followed by chili and hot dogs the next day!
- Peanut Butter & Jelly. Still one of my most loved sandwiches.
- Crackers & Cheese. Best snack in the world.
- Beef Stew & Homemade Biscuits. Light and fluffy biscuits, not from a mix but from scratch.
- Pizza & Beer. What? Beer is so a food.
- Corned Beef Hash & Poached Eggs. A rare indulgence for me these days but oh-so-good.
- Steak & A Baked Potato. It’s a classic combo for good reason.
- Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup. Best lunch ever.
- Bacon & . . . everything. Because everything is better with bacon.
I think I could go on and on with this one and I hope you all had fun writing posts today, too. If you want to share your link be sure and click the button below. And if you want to receive the Ten on Tuesday weekly email then click here to subscribe.
This Post Has 11 Comments
I think I took this a whole different way. I thought all 10 foods should go together. Your list is more like delicious pairs. Oh well.
Chicken wings and blue cheese! Chicken and waffles! Chips and dip!
Curious how everyone will spin this. 🙂 I did pairs and combos and had far more I could’ve listed. Fun as always — Thanks, Carole! ~Lisa
PS: I had mashed potatoes and gravy on my list, too!
Birthday cake and ice cream! But there might have been a birthday recently.
So many ways to think about this topic! I thought about pairs, too (and pizza-and-beer was my first thought. . . ), but Tom did my blog post today, and he went in a whole different direction altogether. 🙂
I can already see that today’s ToT blog tour will be best done on a full stomach! 🙂
Another food wierdness from me. I loathe PB&J. However, I love PB and Miracle Whip. No baked potatoes and sour cream on your list–especially at this time of year when the first spring chives are so woodsey and fresh and yummy. Great 10 on Tuesday idea!
Hummm….I think I’m hungry now! 🙂
• hummus and Scoops chips
• lobster and melted butter
• vanilla ice cream and homemade fudge sauce
• franks ‘n beans
• blueberry pancakes and maple syrup
Next on my to-do list buy groceries – this is gonna be a problem, but I like it. 🙂
this was a fun one and sorry I missed it! my favorite combo is red wine and chocolate (or popcorn – depending on if it’s dessert or dinner), but I see you interpreted the “food” pretty seriously 🙂
Comments are closed.