I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
It’s crunch time, friends, for those that celebrate Christmas. I am busy preparing for our annual Christmas Eve bash, figuring out what we are eating on Christmas day, and, truly looking forward to being with our family and friends. But, if you want to know the truth, I’m also really looking forward to Saturday. And next week. I’m on vacation, Dale is on Christmas break from school, and it will be relaxation city around here. Here are the 10 Things I Am Looking Forward to Doing After The Holiday Rush.
- Nothing at all. Can I just write this 10 times? No? Okay.
- Reading. I am working my way through A Little Life and it’s looooooong. And good. But long and I haven’t had much reading time over the last week or so and I’m itching to spend some quality time with this book.
- Knitting. The plan is to finish up any unfinished knitting projects by 12/31. Which is technically only a pair of socks since that Scoreboard KAL can’t be finished until the Pats football season ends. So. Yeah. I’m looking forward to finishing socks.
- Catching up on Homeland. We haven’t watched the last 3 episodes yet.
- Playing Auld Lang Syne. It just doesn’t seem right to listen to that until after Christmas.
- Watching football with Doreen & Mark. We are headed to their house on Sunday afternoon and I am really excited about just sitting around, eating chili and drinking beer and watching football with these guys.
- Going to the movies. On the short list: In the Heart of the Sea and Spotlight.
- Lunch with Jo-Ann. We have a date scheduled for next week and I’m so excited about it.
- Sleeping until I wake up. No early alarms for Dale means no early alarms for me, too. Hooray.
- Cleaning out/reorganizing a couple of cabinets. I am ready to start the new year with less clutter.
It’s a hectic time of year but I hope you have time to write a blog post for today. Be sure and include it below and, if you want to sign up for the weekly Ten On Tuesday email just click here.